One of the servers had a fault that went unnoticed for two weeks at the beginning of July. It was not saving files to the permanent storage while still reporting that everything was OK. By the time we realised there was a problem we lost 500 templates and 9000 images uploaded around that time.
We are trying to recover the files from other distributed locations, but many are lost forever.
Templates with no preview files, images with no thumbnails (just the name), orders with no previews.
What to do
Please, re-upload the missing files and regenerate orders.
Everything fails at some stage, but its is completely unacceptable that the file loss went for so long. We added more checks to the code for the future and the sysadmin responsible for the monitoring volunteered to spend a weekend working for a local Fair Trade shop.
Sorry, our bad